Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Teacher's Gift

Did you have a nice Christmas? We did, our little family enjoy each other and we had a wonderful time. Now I can show you all the things I made. I'll start with the Teacher's gift I made for Alana's class.
Back in August when I visited Darlette we went to a quilt shop and I saw mug organizers. I asked for the pattern but they said they got them from a magazine and they did not had the magazine anymore, so I looked online and I found this tutorial.
I like the organizer so much that I decided to make one for me too. It really works quite nice. One thing I did is I went to a Thrift store and got the biggest mugs I could find. I got 3 for the teacher, the aid and me.
I kind of practice my free motion quilting skills and I made snowflakes. totally inspired by a Christmas wrapping. too bad it does not show at all on the mug but non the less great practice. Here is a picture of a detail.
Cheers,
Erika

No comments: