Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Birthday Dress

My oldest one is turning six and still think she is a princess and she needs a princess dresses so I made this silk dress for her for her B-day next February. This pictures are just for the test and off course she could not resist to try it on.

Mi hija mayor cumplira seis anos el proximo mes y sige pensando que es una princesa y que necesita vestidos de Princesa asi que para su cumpleanos le hice este vestido de shangtu de seda. Las fotos son del dia de la prueba que porsupuesto no podria resistir la oportunidad de probarselo



Maybe you can imagine but I expend longer time smocking than sewing the actual dress. I use a simplicity pattern 4647 view A and I just add the smocking with this tutorial.

Alomejor se pueden imaginar que me tarde mas bordando el smocking que confeccionando el vestido. Use un patron de simplicity 4647 estilo A y solo agrege el smocking usando este tutorialAs a final touch a hair accent with yoyos and rhinestones.

Como toque final para el cabello un adorno de yoyos y rhinestones.

1 comment:

selahestelle said...

Gorgeous!!! I've never seen dupioni smocked before, it's just stunning! What a lucky little princess!