Sunday, January 17, 2010

Valentine's table runner, Erika's version

As you may know I love making table runners. Last year I decided to make a Valentine's table runner; I bought the fabric and I found some paper piecing patterns on the web, but I never made it. This year I decided to make them and here is what I did.
Some days ago I was telling Darlette about my idea and she told me that she wanted to do something similar, so we got ourselves some kind of challenge using the materials we have at home.

Here is my version of my Valentine's table runner.I have to admit that I got carried away and I did not realized that I shouldn't done the borders of the paper pieced hearts on red and left then light as background. That is why I had to quilt a heart in the middle to emphasize the heart and then diminish the background with filling quilt. I think it could be better but I just realized the mistake when I was done piecing and Darlette pointed it out.
Darlette and I decided to give you the dimensions and sources where we got the idea or some kind of help if you are interested in making something like this for Valentines'. The patterns can be found here, here, and here. Sorry I do not have the forth one. I cannot find it but if you google
"paper piecing heart" on images you will find lots of patterns for free! My blocks are 6 7/8'' about 17.5 cm. and I use a cream sashing 2" wide (5 cm) to end at 1 1/2 ". The total Measurements are: 9 1/4" (24.5 cm) by 32 3/4" (83 cm).

Como sabran me encanta hacer caminos de mesa. El ano pasado compre la tela para hacer uno y con unos patrones que me encontre en el internet ya estaba lista, pero nunca los hice. Este ano platicando con Darlette le comente que ahora si queria hacerlo y ella me dijo que tambien tenia ganas de hacer algo similar asi es que nos pusimos un tipo de desafio de hacer un camino de mesa con los materiales que teniamos en casa.
Aqui esta mi version del camino de mesa.


Tengo que admitir que me emocione y no me di cuenta que tenia que trabajar con los colores rojos solo para los corazones y color crema los bordes. Para compensar mi error decidi acolchar un corazon en medio del block para hacer enfasis en el corazon y acolchar de relleno el borde del block. Pienso que se hubiera visto mucho mejor con el fondo claro pero solo me di cuenta del error cuando ya habia acabado de hacer los corazones y Darlette me senalo el error.Darlette y yo decidimos darle las dimensiones y de donde sacamos los patrones de los caminos de mesa para que si estan interesadas lo puedan hacer para el dia de San Valentin. Los patrones los pueden encontrar aqui, aqui, y aqui, Lo siento que no tengo el cuarto patron no lo puedo encontrar en ningun lugar pero si van a google y buscan en "paper piecing heart" dentro de imagenes encontraran muchos patrones gratis! Mis blocks son de 6 7/8" unos 17.5 cm cada uno, el sashing es de 2.5" (5 cm) para terminar en 1 1/2". Las medidas totales son: 9 1/4" (24.5 cm) por 32 3/4" (83 cm).

I hope you like the idea and if you decided to make one let us know!
Espero que les haya gustado la idea y si se deciden hacer algo asi platiquenos!
Darlette will post hers as soon as she is done quilting it.
Darlette ponder su version en el siguiente post cuando termine de acolchar el suyo.

Happy Quilting!
Erika

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Una idea estupenda, me gusta mucho como te ha quedado.Sinceramente si no hubireas comentado el error no me habría dado cuenta.
Espero que te encuentres bien.
bsos

Anonymous said...

Erica , Esta tan lindo , espero que estes bien , muchos abrazos y cariños desde aca ,cariños
Isa