Saturday, October 4, 2008

White and Scrap Swap

Juliette from Chickpea Sewing Studio is organizing a white and Scrap Swap. It sounds really fun since I have seen more and more of these quilts coming. The idea has kick in my mind but my stack is too small for such beautiful quilts like this and this.

Juliette de Chickpea Sewing Studio esta organizando un suam de blancos y retazos. Suena divertido y he estado viando mas y mas de este tipo de quilts. La idea ya me habia pasado por la cabeza pero no tengo suficientes retazos como para hacer uno.


The idea is very exciting and I think it will inspire me to finally start my Mom's quilt. I'm embarrassed to say that she bought me all the fabric for her quilt since Grace was born and the only thing I have done is buy the template to make it. It is not about inspiration or wiliness to do it but I ignorantly told her "whatever design you want mom" big mistake, She like the Grandma's fan quilt and as I look for patterns everybody said that it is a difficult one. Have I say that it is a king size quilt. Another reason I have not started yet is because I think I can find a design that has a twist on the pattern I have look on the Internet but really nothing has inspired me,so if any of you have any ideas please let me know. I will much appreciate it.

La idea es muy emocionante y pienso que me inspirara para que finalmente empieze a hacer el acolchado de mi mama. Me averguenza reconocer que compro la tela cuando Grace nacio y lo unico que he hecho es comprar el templete para hacerlo. No es que no tenga la inspiracion o las ganas de hacerlo pero ignorando la magnitud de mi propuesta le dije a mi mama "Escoje el diseno que quieras" gran error, Ella escojio el abanico de la abuela. Al preguntar en los diferentes talleres de acolchado todos me dicen que es un acochado dificil de hacer. Les dije que es tamano king. aparte de que no he visto un diseno que me inspire para hacerlo en fin si alguien tiene alguna idea porfavor se los agradeceria.

Until the next Time...

Happy Quilting


Erika

No comments: